The Dayton International Airport is essential infrastructure and remains open and operational at this time. Our leadership team is working closely with Public Health Dayton & Montgomery County to monitor the COVID-19 virus and its impact on travelers. Our goal is for our customers and staff to remain healthy and safe while we continue to facilitate air service at this time. For the most up-to-date information regarding flights, please visit your airline’s website. Below are several updates to our services, operations, and procedures.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Dayton International Airport currently open?
- Yes, the airport is open. The Dayton International Airport is considered a critical regional asset and is open for travel. Our staff has been hard at work making sure the airport is clean and operational for the safety of all passengers who need to travel at this time.
- Will my airline cancel my flight?
- Due to the abundance of inquiries, airlines are currently focused on travel set to occur within 72 hours. Please check with your airline 72 hours before departure for the latest information on your flight. You can contact them at any time for reservation changes or other questions you may have. Here are phone numbers to take you directly to their reservation/customer service centers:
- Are your parking lots and garage open?
- The Dayton Airport has several parking options available; Garage, Short Term Park & Walk Lot, Long Term Lot, Economy Lot, Cell Phone Lot.
- Temporary changes have been made to DAY Parking during the COVID-19 outbreak:
- The Economy Lot Is OPEN – Credit Card Only
- Short-Term Park & Walk Is OPEN – Credit Card Only
- The Garage Is OPEN
- The Long-Term Lot Is OPEN with a reduced rate of $9.95/day for a limited time
- Valet Is temporarily CLOSED
- Overflow Is temporarily CLOSED
- Please note that the DAYrider courtesy shuttle is not in service at this time to keep our passengers and guests safe due to COVID guidelines. If you need special assistance while parking in the Economy Lot, call 937-898-1555. The northeast section in the Economy Lot has over 400 spaces that are less than a 2-minute walk to the Terminal.
- If you are picking up passengers from DAY, we highly encourage you to wait in the Cell Phone Lot to maintain social distancing and refrain from entering the terminal.
- Are any of your restaurants or shops open for food, beverages, or travel essentials?
- The CNBC Store, Max & Erma’s, and Great American Bagel are open. These establishments are located post security just beyond the check-point area. All other DAY restaurants and gift shops in the concourses are temporarily out of service until further notice.
- Should I wear a face-covering inside the airport?
- In compliance with the statewide order mandated by Governor DeWine, all DAY employees, passengers, and visitors will wear face coverings. All of our airlines are requiring passengers to wear face coverings during flights as well. Please check with your airline before you travel.
- Will airlines require me to wear a face covering?
- Currently, each of our airlines requires face masks. Please check your airline’s website for specific information about its policies.
- Will hand sanitizer stations be available in the terminal?
- The Dayton International Airport will continue to provide hand sanitizer stations in various areas of the terminal for use by all employees and travelers.
- Will sneeze guards be installed at ticket and gate counters?
- Sneeze guards are scheduled to be installed at the ticket counters for airlines and some vendors. Please adhere to the 6-foot distancing rule while standing in any lines.
- How can I reduce the amount of physical contact for myself and my luggage while I travel?
- We encourage passengers to use mobile boarding passes, also to limit the amount of luggage they travel with by bringing a carry-on bag instead of checked luggage. This all reduces the number of times a bag, ticket, or ID gets touched by a human.
- Are there currently any travel restrictions?
- Governor Mike DeWine has issued a travel advisory recommending against travel to states with high COVID-19 positivity (i.e. positive testing rates at 15% or higher). If someone must travel during this time, it is recommended to self-quarantine for 14 days upon return to Ohio.
Stay Up to Date
This situation continues to evolve quickly, and we will be monitoring it closely. For updates, please go to the Public Health of Dayton & Montgomery County website, the Ohio Department of Health, & the CDC’s website for more information.
New DAY Protocols
We are currently taking precautionary steps in response to the spread of COVID-19, including increased cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
- In compliance with the new guidelines provided by Governor DeWine, all Airport employees will wear face coverings.
- Assuring we have the appropriate cleaning agents to kill germs
- Increased intensity and frequency of disinfecting hard surfaces and high-touch areas throughout the airport
- Increased cleaning efforts in the restrooms and other public areas
- Ensuring public restrooms are supplied with soap and towels
- Additional hand sanitizing stations will be installed throughout the airport for staff and travelers
- Staff has been reassigned as necessary to assure key areas are continuously disinfected and properly maintained
- Employees are asked to work from home if their job allows and if they are not identified as essential personnel
- Essential personnel will continue to work from the airport to maintain a safe operation
- Employees are asked to stay at home if they do not feel well
Temporary Restaurant Closures at Dayton International Airport (DAY)
The CNBC Store, Max & Erma’s, and Great American Bagel are open. All other DAY restaurants and gift shops are temporarily out of service until further notice. We highly encourage patrons to maintain the CDC recommended distance of 6 feet from others at this time.
USO Now Open
In March, the USO closed all USO Airport Centers in the United States due to the spread of coronavirus. Recently, the USO has reopened at DAY and is following Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidance while working closely with military, airport, and civil authorities.
For a limited time, enjoy a reduced daily rate of $9.95/day on parking in the Long Term Lot.
Temporary changes have been made to DAY Parking during the COVID-19 outbreak:
- The Long Term Lot is OPEN with a reduced rate of $9.95/day for a limited time
- The Economy Lot is OPEN – Credit Card only
- The Short Term Lot is OPEN – Credit Card only
- The Garage is OPEN
- Valet is temporarily CLOSED
- Short Term Park & Walk is OPEN – Credit Card Only
- Overflow is temporarily CLOSED
Please call ahead to confirm the operational status of any airport transportation partner. Some changes include reduced operational hours for Rental Car counters, Transportation Network Companies (Uber and Lyft), Taxi Cabs, Charter Vans and other commercial ground transportation companies working minimally at this time. The airport DAYrider courtesy shuttle to the Economy Lot can be reached by calling 937-898-1555.
For information on your flight status and health updates from your airline: